The THEIN Bass Trumpet “New York” model can be ordered either in C or Bb.
This bass trumpet was developed in collaboration with the trombonists of the New York Philharmonics, based on an old “Kruspe” bass trumpet. The purity in sound and the perfect intonation combined with warmth and overtones make this instrument ideal to create the pure “Wagner” sound in the American way of playing.
The bell diameter of the „New York“- model is usualy Ø 185 mm / 7-9/32″. It is optional possible to order a bell with Ø 155mm /6-7/64″.
- Valve: 4 Rotary
- 4th valve button optional for right or left hand playing
- Bore: 13.0 mm / 0.512”
- Bell: fixed
- Bell-ø: 185 mm / 7-9/32″ (optional 155 mm / 6-7/64″)
- Bell-rim: french
- Wall thickness: 0.45 mm / 0.018”
- Material: bell and conical tube in yellow brass
- valve part in gold brass
- Trigger: tuning slide
- Lead pipe: changeable
- Finish: lacquered
- THEIN Mouthpiece recommendation: THEIN D1AW