The THEIN Tenor Trombone in Bb/F “Old German Style” was developed with and for Jay Friedman (Chicago Symphony Orchestra) as part of the project “Old German Style – Alto, Tenor, Bass Trombone”. A historical “Kruspe” tenor trombone in yellow brass without tuning slide and without valve served as a template.
THEIN redesigned this model with tuning bow and F-Attachment.
This instrument is our “most German” THEIN tenor trombone in terms of sound and playability. The German slide positions take getting used to.
The sound is rich in overtones and vocal, with an earthy touch.
- Key: Bb
- optional F-Attachment
- Valve: none
- optional “Standard Rotor” – valve tubes in old German style
- Bell-ø: 230mm / 9-1/16”
- Bell rim: 50 mm / 1.970“ nickel silver Kranz with shell ornaments
- Material: THEIN K-Style yellow brass metal
- Wall thickness: 0.35 mm / 0.014”
- Tuning slide: yellow brass with “K”-Dragons
- Slide: yellow brass with “K”-Dragons
- Bore: 13.4 mm / 0.528”
- Lead pipe: fixed
- Finish: lacquered
- THEIN Mouthpiece recommendation: THEIN D1